About me (personally)
Hi, I’m Jarek, short for Jaroslaw. On a personal level, I like horror books, sci-fi movies, watching football, playing basketball, playing Playstation, hiking and camping with my family in the beautiful Scottish Highlands…
I was born in Yalta (which is now in Russia) and soon moved to Poland, but moved around the world a few more times after that. I graduated from Burlingame High School in Kansas, US (and had a great time there!) and lived and worked in London, UK for some time. I moved to Scotland to get my Master’s degree, and then stayed for the PhD. By the time I graduated, I was hooked. I love Scottish people, history, culture and, above all, the landscapes! This time, I’m staying…
About me (professionally)
- I mostly do qualitative research and take up research assistant/associate jobs – doing qualitative research and analysing qualitative data is what I enjoy doing.
- I hold an MSc TESOL and a PhD degree from the University of Edinburgh and I specialize in English language-related research.
- I have experience in conceiving and conducting research projects, and I have worked for employers from a range of universities, including the University of Oxford and University of Edinburgh.
- My research interests include intercultural communication, the implications of English as a Lingua Franca research for English Language Teaching (ELT), the relationship between English and non-native English speakers’ self-concept, self-esteem and identity.
- I facilitate lectures and workshops on various aspects of qualitative research, as well as offer one-to-one academic support to students.
- I am one of coordinators of a large, multi-university project Teaching English & Teaching IN English in global contexts, which is an online academic network with teaching resources, reading material, online seminars, blogs, a student/alumni section and a forum to foster collaborative projects. It also aims to offer scholars a place to showcase their work and activities.
- I love working with students, and this is why I developed Qualitative Researcher Dr Kriukow.
About this website and how it can help you
I am passionate about supporting graduate students on their path to becoming independent researchers, practitioners and future educational leaders.
The aim of this website is to provide resources related to Qualitative Research and Study Skills for students, researchers and academics.
In the Blog/Videos section, I provide advice on qualitative research, inspired by the questions you ask me through my Facebook page.
I also offer private online lessons and develop self-study courses for students and researchers.
Through my Facebook page, I directly respond to your questions about research and studies.